Saturday, June 14, 2008

Road Ahead

I stress over evvverything. Seriously, I'm my own worst critic, especially when it comes to my art - food. I was up til 1am stressing over menus last night and got up at 430am to stress some more. I know every single flaw in the food I made today. Ugh.

I guess its a good thing in some ways. I definitely have no ego....a lot of chefs do....not cool.

But it leaves me exhausted....all that criticism swirling in my head. Hopefully it will just make me the best chef I can be.

Tomorrow is probably my last day as the breakfast chef @ a B&B I've been working at for about a year. Cool place, no pressure, tourists who base their "best breakfast experience" on the last time they were at Denny's...its fun. I get to use my creativity and play around with recipes and make up specials. But, I've outgrown it I guess. Gotta keep moving up and moving on and improving my skills.

I'll miss it.....sometimes......ok well I'll miss some parts/people a lot. Other parts I'm sooo relieved to be done with.

Maybe they'll let me come back as a "guest chef" occasionally?

I guess I should go have a sage ceremony....I'm about to embark on a big new journey.

Wish me luck

And success would me nice too :-)

No comments: