Thursday, June 26, 2008

Painter Song - Norah Jones

If I were a painter
I would paint my reverie
If that's the only way
For you to be with me

We'd be together
Just like we used to be
Underneath the swirling skies
For all to see

And I'm dreaming of a place
Where I could see your face
And I think my brush
Could take me there

But only....

If I were a painter
And could paint a memory
I'd climb inside the swirling skies
To be with you
I'd climb inside the skies
Just to be with you.


I am seeking closure somewhere in all this and am unsure where I will find it. God brings me comfort...nothing brings closure. Grandma loved Norah Jones....she's been playing on repeat constantly at my house. My mom's house too.

I feel so guilty. I'm not at home with my family. But I know grandma wants me here and I know she doesn't want me to cry but I'm just so sad.

I am lucky that at 23 I've never lost anyone close to me until now. But I'm also now an adult with no idea how to deal with death. I just wish I had been there with my mom and her at the hospital. I wish I weren't sitting alone in chicago trying to figure this all out.

I'm just so sad.

No comments: