Thursday, July 17, 2008

Serendipity

The act of discovering something fortunate while one is looking for something entirely different.

A fortunate accident.

My entire life has been serendipitous. Call it fate, call it God's will, call it destiny. I call it serendipity because it sounds cool.

My entire life I've been searching for something - for success, for happiness, for a life with meaning. Searching for who I really am. I did this by trying to do the "right" thing. I went to college, I studied hard, I decided I wanted to help people.

I wasn't looking to be a chef or to go to culinary school. I wasn't searching for the life I have right now. But I found it - or it found me. Through a series of fortunate accidents, coincidences, and "right place @ the right time" moments I am here now. I found what I was never looking for. Thank God.

i am serendipity

1 comment:

Jess said...

Of course I remember you. Lol, I've been reading your blog for quite a while ... via Meg's blog.

When you're meant to do something, it's going to happen for you. I firmly believe in fate, God and karma .. it's probably all just God, but call it what you will. In any case, with all three of those things pushing on your life, you're bound to be doing the right thing at some point.

It's like you said, we do it because we love it and because it's what we're supposed to be doing.